Future Teaching Scholars at Harris ITE
Here at Harris Initial Teacher Education, we are proud to support the Future Teaching Scholars programme, an exciting new and challenging route into teaching. We regularly host training and interviews, and we welcome any eligible candidates who are interested.
The programme is designed for outstanding students who plan to study a Maths- or Physics-related degree at university.
Successful applicants will be awarded a valuable scholarship package that includes:
- a £15k grant whilst you study for your Maths- or Physics-related degree and become expert in your chosen subject
- extensive personal and professional development support for six years based in outstanding Teaching Schools including
- national and regional events exclusively for Future Teaching Scholars
- exciting school-based activities during your undergraduate years
- opportunities to be involved in research to improve Maths and Physics teaching
- a place on an Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course tailored to your needs
- a pre-ITT course in the summer after you graduate
- support in finding your first teaching job
- membership of an elite cohort of Future Teaching Scholars